Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Empty Words

"It will get better. Things will work out. You just have to trust God.  Just quit trying to get pregnant and it will happen.  It's just not the right time for you.  There is always a reason. I completely understand what you are going through, it took me 3 months to get pregnant with my 5th child."
All of the above are statements that I have heard on this lonely journey, most of them too many times to count.  I am sure that any of you reading this, who have dealt with infertility, can relate to hearing these same empty words over and over.  How do you respond?  What do you say to make people understand?  Well first of all, they will never truly understand unless they have walked this bitter and lonely road.  Secondly, don't punch them in the face, no matter how badly you want to :-).  Most importantly, remember the experience that you are going through will eventually help make you more empathetic  and will teach you to never tell someone that you know exactly what they are gong through.  No matter what we go through in life there will always be experiences and situations that others go through that we cannot fully understand.   I hope that as you are walking through this journey, it will truly make you a stronger, kinder, more compassionate person.  I hope that as you read this you will be reminded that there is someone here who cares about what you are going through and wants to help you walk this road, those are not empty words!                                                                   
What are the biggest lessons that each of you have learned through this journey?

3 comments:

  1. Amy, I am so proud to call you one of my best friends! As I have watched your family struggle through this issue, I have been constantly reminded of the power of love. Through the hard times, you, Darren and Kaitlyn have somehow found a way to smile and uplift others. I think this new blog you are writing will touch so many lives in a positive way. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why it said "Unkown" because I used my Google acount, but it's Jen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen! I appreciate you always supporting us through everything.

    ReplyDelete