Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A few questions for you and me

Where do you begin when you have a story to share and people you want to help?  I have been struggling with this question for a long time and starting this blog is a first step towards answering this. The name of my blog comes from the Bible and the story of Hannah in I Samuel (it is an interesting read for those who have never read it).  Hannah struggled for many years to have a child and this was in a time and a society where being infertile was one of the worst possible things.  So my blog is focused on those "Hannahs" out there who are struggling, hurting and in a lonely place.  No matter your beliefs, background, or faith, those of us struggling with infertility can relate to Hannah's story.
My story is long and detailed and I promise to share more of this later, right now I want to say to those out there struggling with infertility and all that may bring for you, I care about you and hope that I can help you as you walk through (or crawl through) this journey.  For all the struggles that I have faced the hardest part of it all was feeling so lonely and isolated.  If it was not for my relationship with my savior, Jesus Christ; my relationship with my husband and a few key friends, I would not be where I am today.  Will those of you reading this, help me by telling me where you are hurting and what I can do to help you?  You can be as open or as concise as you would like.  I also want each of you who are struggling with this terrible thing to know that I think about and pray for you each and everyday.  No one should have to travel such a bumpy and lonely road, but isn't it so much better when you travel with a friend? 

4 comments:

  1. Love that you have started this. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years now and it is a rough place to be. Looking forward to the encouragement your blog can bring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I SO know this road that you are going thru. I blogged about my story here: http://sportsmomcooks.blogspot.com/2010/05/born-in-my-heart.html

    You are right...infertility is a LONELY road that only those that have been thru can understand. But, God does have a plan for each of us and I can see his plan unfolding before me now. It is NOT how I envisioned my life, but it is HIS plan and HIS purpose and SO IT IS! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you've started this blog. It is without a doubt something that one cannot understand without having gone through it. There is a definite grieving process, but it is hard to share that with people who haven't been there. Love you! Excited to read more~ Love, Nancy K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

    ReplyDelete